Belleisle PSYCHOLOGY CLINIC
Part-time and Full-time Clinicians
Belleisle Psychology Clinic is a new clinic scheduled to open in Ottawa in January 2023. We're looking for part-time and full-time psychologists to join our young and dynamic team in our Westboro office in January (starting date may be flexible). Our founder, Marie Paquette, has been offering neuropsychological and psychoeducational services to families in Gatineau and Ottawa. She is looking for dynamic neuropsychologists and psychologists to join her and serve our clients with high-quality service. In this role, you will be working with patients, families, and other professionals to provide neuropsychological assessments and consultations. The Neuropsychologist will be responsible for implementing testing batteries for clients presenting problems including ADHD, Learning Disorders, Memory, and Processing, among others. The psychologist will offer consultations via video conference and in person at our clinic.
The positions are hybrid. Testing and consultations will take place primarily at our location on Kirkwood Avenue. Clinical testing hours will occur at least twice weekly, primarily in the mornings and early afternoons. Additional testing may be done remotely as appropriate for some patients and families. Therapy sessions can be done in person or remotely. Remote administrative time for report writing will be included in compensation.
Specific Responsibilities for Neuropsychologists:
• Provide neuropsychological assessments to children, adolescents, and young adults to elucidate diagnoses and inform treatment planning.
• Provide feedback about findings of assessments to parents, schools, and other health professionals as appropriate.
• Facilitate appropriate referrals in accordance with assessment and treatment recommendations.
• Educate staff and families about neuropsychology and neuropsychological assessment.
• Complete required documentation and paperwork, including clinical assessments, treatment planning, and updating of patient medical records within 24 hours of patient visits. Neuropsychological reports will be completed within 3 to 4 weeks of the final testing session under most circumstances.
• Effectively use and manage patient registry to support clinical decision-making, including monitoring patient progress and facilitating care when appropriate.
• Demonstrates cultural competency and commitment to patients.
• Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy of the clinic.
• Other duties as assigned.
PhD or PsyD degree required
Applicants must be registered or eligible for registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
Exceptional interpersonal skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Fluent in English. Bilingual in French and English preferred to serve our francophone clientele.
This position will be remote and in-office at times.
We are offering:
Highly competitive compensation
Free office space
Flexible vacation policy and full control over caseload
Free access to training workshops throughout the year
Receptionist working for you (scheduling, invoicing, record keeping)
Access to all neuropsychological and psychoeducational testing batteries and record forms.
If you like working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us.
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter and recent CV. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please submit applications to info[at]belleisleclinic.com
Belleisle Psychology Clinic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.